NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013

NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013
Shri Ramapir Mandir/Temple in Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christian Family dispute led into conversion into Islam, Pakistan

By PHP Staff
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ISLAMABAD: Uzma Irfan, who recently converted to Islam, is seeking police protection after she received threats from her relatives.

The 26-year-old Irfan, who is currently living in a katchi abadi in G-8/1, filed a writ petition in the Islamabad High Court requesting police protection against her relatives.

“I was living with my husband Haroon Masih and my three-year-old daughter Manahil in Sailkot, but on December 5, 2010, I embraced Islam,” she told the court. She said she was impressed with the attitude of the Muslim community living in her neighbourhood.

“After accepting Islam I invited my husband to embrace it, but he refused and started threatening me. He even took away my daughter and it was impossible to live there,” she added.

Her counsel Fasial Iqbal Khan said that after facing such persecution she moved to Islamabad and got married to Mohammad Irfan on March 25, who had also converted to Islam. But the couple is now being threatened by their family members.

“They even submitted a false application against her in Sialkot just to harass her,” Khan told the court.

Uzma told the court that she had submitted several applications to the police requesting protection, without much success. “I have no other option but to knock at the court’s door,” she said.

Chief Justice Iqbal Hameedur Rehman issued a notice to the Senior Superintendent of Police Tahir Alam Khan to respond by April 14.

1 comment:

  1. Religion is an individual's choice and no one can force him/her to follow it.

    ReplyDelete