Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Please signed the petition "Help us secure the release of a revered Hindu leader in Pakistan" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.
Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
Sri Garji's kidnapping demonstrates the vulnerable state of minorities in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Even in Balochistan, with its secular and tolerant history, Hindu businesspeople and religious leaders have been targeted for murders, kidnapping, and ransom. Many Hindu families have fled the area or applied for asylum in India. Despite protests by local groups, the government has demonstrated its inability to protect the Hindu population both in Balochistan and elsewhere in Pakistan.
- Pakistani Ambassador to the United States(Ambassador Haqqani)
- USCIRF(Leonard Leo)
- President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan(President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan)
STARTED BY Pakistan Hindu Post
While this issue is very difficult to fathom, it only augments the difficulties faced by Hindus in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Without proper gubernatorial support, provision for education,or proper security, the Hindu minority is quickly disappearing. By recovering Sri Garji, the government can demonstrate its commitment to the security and spiritual well being of the Hindu community.
We call upon the government to:
1) Recover Sri Garji and allow him to resume his duties at Kali Mandir
2) Employ a commission to look into the kidnapping/ransom/killings of local Hindu businesspeople and religious leaders and work with the Hindu community on solutions
3) Catch the perpetrators and ensure maximum sentences per the Pakistan Penal Code.
We encourage the government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Balochistan government to catch the perpetrators, recover Sri Garji, and send a message of zero-tolerance for crimes against women and minorities.
NOTE : Mr.Kailash Kumar, a PHP Balochistan says , Maharaj Lakki Chand Garji a Hindu spiritual leader who has been kidnapped 2 months ago in Balochistan, There is Rs 3 crores Pakistani rupees in ransom demanded by his kidnapper for his safe release or else he has to convert into Islam or get kill. This is the way Hindus are tortured in Balochistan and rest of Pakistan nowdays.
The PHP Team