NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013

NEW - Vedic/Hindu Calendar for 2013
Shri Ramapir Mandir/Temple in Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mass Weddings for the Poor by (Bharat Vikas Parishad )

A daily news summary for news media, educators, researchers, writers and religious leaders worldwide.

Mass Weddings for the Poor



 

January 2nd, 2010 Source: www.hindustantimes.com
NOIDA, INDIA, December 27, 2009:As many as 101 couples “from economically weaker sections of the society” tied the knot at a mass marriage ceremony held in Noida on Saturday. The event was organised by Bharat Vikas Parishad, a socio-cultural voluntary organization.

Rajinder, one of the bridegrooms said, “I felt on top of the world when I was asked to board a horse chariot. I am so poor I cannot even think of hiring a band party. Had I not been selected for the mass marriage, I would have married a girl in a temple in the presence of a few relatives.”

Parishad member T.N. Chaurasia said, “The couples were given televisions, sewing machines, cycles, utensils, beds and other household items each needed to start a new married life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment